Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Light


Light is truly a wonderful thing. It is a life-source; there can be no form of life without light.

Also light helps us to distinguish truth from error.  It helps us to see everything as it is.

Another cool thing about the light... when it's dark, and I can't see where I'm going, the light will show me where to place my steps.   If I need to go somewhere at night, or just maneuver around in a dark room, I need to find a flashlight, or a lamp, or a light switch, or my headlights... something to illuminate my path... to show me where I am, and to keep me from colliding with something and making a mess, or injuring myself somehow.  (I think we all know what happens when we try to head out in the dark, just guessing and feeling around best we can to find our way.  Ouch.  *smiles knowingly*)

The Bible uses the illustration of light numerous times, I guess because the Bible does the same things for us that light does.  It gives us spiritual life and vitality, it helps us to see concepts clearly, and it guides us as we make decisions and walk the path of life in a dark, uncertain world.  (Who wouldn't be gravitated to this amazing book?)

Actually, Bible tells us why most people avoid the truths of scripture.

"And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men love darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  For everyone practicing evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed."  John 3:19,20

People don't like the Bible because it shows them their sin and tells them to forsake it.

The honorable person, however, sees how terrible sin is and asks the Lord to cleanse it all out of their life.  Then they have nothing to hide.  They can come before the God's Word unashamedly and confidently, seeking purification and wisdom.

"But He who practices the truth comes to the light, that His deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."  John 3:21

Abide in Christ, who is the Light of the world (John 14:6) and let the light of the truth of His Word guide you day by day (Psalms 119:105).  That light will fill your being and emanate through you for all the world to see...

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light."  Ephesians 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment