Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

worry = living as if God is a liar

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? …Therefore do not worry, … ~Matthew 6:26&31

Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. ~Luke 12:6-7
 
My thought for you today is very simply expressed in my title - worry equals living as if God is a liar. I think if you stop and think about it you will agree with me. We have so many amazing promises in God’s word of His protection, love, faithfulness, control, etc. that there really is no legitimate excuse for worry. Though it is not pretty I have had to face up to the facts in my own life; when I worry I am calling God a liar with my life. Think how sad that must make my King! Think how unbelievably foolish it is. I do not want to live in worry, but the truth is I fall into it repeatedly. I do not have the power in myself to truly believe God and so banish worry from my mind, so I am asking Him today to purify me and give me a trusting heart.
 
Said the Robin to the Sparrow
“I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.”


Said the Sparrow to the Robin
“Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me.”
~Elizabeth Cheney
 
Let us rejoice today in the amazing care of our heavenly Father and give all of our worries to Him.


Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting ALL your care upon Him, for He cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:6-7
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this. I tend to worry a lot, myself.
    I hope you don't mind, but I am sharing a link to your post on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad this post was a blessing to you! thanks for letting me know. No I do not mind you sharing a link on your blog at all. If more people are blessed by what God does through me I am very pleased!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing Rachel. Very eye-opening to think that by worrying we call our perfect Father in Heaven a liar. How that thought stirs me! I want to take this thought with me throughout the day, everyday! God bless you Rachel! Praise Him and be at rest in His "exceedingly great and precious promises"!!! (2 Peter 1:4) We have NO NEED to worry!!!!

    ReplyDelete