Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My grace is sufficent for you.


Well, as you know, spring is here!  Isn't it wonderful?  For me, this feels more like the beginning of the year than January did!  I can finally start organizing things that got negected during the cold winter months, as well as start preparing my garden, and making little plans for things I can do this summer.

Do you ever have dreams for the future?  (If so, feel free to tell me about them!)

I think dreams are beautiful and wonderful things if they are in line with God's desires (which He makes known to us in His word, the Bible),  and also, if our dreams do not plant seeds of discontentment in our hearts, for things that are out of our reach.  We should always be ready to change our plans if they in any way conflict with God's perfect will for us.

Which brings me to the main thrust of what I want to talk about... being content.  (God has been teaching me a lot about contentment lately.)   I think that if we understand what godly contentment is and really embrace it for ourselves, only then can we be really and truly happy.

Contentment, in essense, is accepting any and all circumstances that come our way, because we know that God is in control, and He is totally perfect and good, beyond our understanding.  Even hard times are part of his beautiful plan for us.  If we are trusting God and seeking Him and His word for strength, I believe that there is nothing we can't face or go through.  God will bring us out all in good time, and He'll be with us all the way if we believe.

Contentment is also the opposite of greed.  Are we still joyful even when we don't get that thing we've always wanted?  Are we satisfied with all that God HAS given us?  (Because, if we're honest with ourselves, we know that He has given us so much already!)  Is His grace and love sufficient for us?  (2 Corinthians 12:9)  "And He said to me,  “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”"


Isn't that amazing?  God's purposes are fulfilled and His glory and strength made known through times when we are insufficient!  The point is, that God can make good come of anything, which is proof of His power!  When we realize this, then we can be content in any situation!

Are you content with letting God be your Father?  Are you content to just let Him be your source of happiness?  If so, I'd REALLY like to hear about that!

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.  But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.... But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life..."
1 Timothy 6:6-9,11,12a



1 comment:

  1. I was very excited to read this--I have been considering that very passage in I Timothy this week and have in the past months been learning great lessons in contentment. Your post captured the essence of my own thought processes on this subject! Our God is powerful. Nothing on this earth can satisfy our hunger for good and beautiful things as He does! Read Psalm 107 with the theme of contentment in mind--beautiful passage!

    ReplyDelete